Table of Contents
These cute DIY coasters are easy to make and fun to customize!
With a variety of designs and color combos, you can design a set to match your decor.
Ready to learn how to make these DIY coasters? Keep scrolling
Steps: DIY Cork Coasters
Hexagon Stencil: To make these DIY coasters, you’ll need a piece of cork (I used a cork pot mat from the dollar store). You’ll also need a hexagon stencil. If you don’t have a hexagon stencil, you can print one and trace around it. I used this printable and went into my print settings to adjust the custom scale percentage until I got a size I liked. I think I used around 75%.
Cut Hexagon Shapes Out of Cork: Trace around your stencil and cut the cork out using an X-Acto knife.
Tape Designs: Using tape will help you get clean, crisp edges. Apply it according to the designs you want to tape.
Paint: Paint the first and second blocked-off section. (For some designs, you’ll have to let the first color dry before reapplying the tape for the second color/shape.)
How To DIY Coasters from Cork
DIY Coasters from Cork
- Piece of cork (I used a cork pot mat) (I used a cork pot mat)
- X-Acto knife
- Hexagon stencil (see article for printable link) (you can really use any shape you'd like though)
- Paint brushes
- Trace stencil around cork.
- Use an Exacto knife to cut hexagon out.
- Use tape to block off the first painting section.
- Paint. If necessary, let dry, place tape again and paint second color. See pictures in post for various design ideas.