Looking for crystals for chakras? Then you’ll love this huge list.
When you’re working with chakras, you might be wondering which crystals align with what chakras. And, how do you use crystals for specific chakras?
In this guide, we’ll be sharing all the crystals we can think of that belong to each chakra. We’ll also suggest tangible ways you can use your crystals to balance your energy.
Keep reading to learn all the crystals for chakras—from root to crown.
What Are Crystals for Chakras?
Many people believe healing crystals contain energy that can help them through life’s challenges. Other people view crystals as more symbolic, with each stone’s meaning helping to inspire and support.
When you work with crystals for chakras, the aim is to balance or open the chakra that the crystal corresponds with. For example, you can use rose quartz to help balance the heart chakra.
Keep in mind that, historically, chakras weren’t tied to crystals. The ida that chrakras have corresponding crystals is a Westernized adaption of the original chakra system, which originated from the Vedas, a body of ancient Indian texts. That’s not to say that crystals don’t work for chakras, but rather a note on the historical and cultural accuracy.
Remember that healing crystals are spiritual tool. You should never use stones to replace physical or mental health treatments or other professional advice. Always seek evidence-backed advice before using crystals.
How to Use Crystals for Chakras
How you use crystals for charkas depend on which chakra you’re working on. Below are some ideas.
Use one of your favorite crystals for chakras to meditate with. You can also use 7 crystals—one for each chakras. Lay down and place the crystal or crystals on where the corresponding chakra is located. For example, place your throat chakra crystal directly on your throat. Begin your meditation with a few deep breaths and envision that chakra spinning and opening. If you’re using 7 chakras, work from the bottom up during your meditation. Envision the root chakra, red, spinning and open. Then move onto the sacral chakra, solar plexus, etc.
Place Around Home
If there’s a specific chakra you’re working with, place crystals for that chakra around your home. It’s a good idea to place them where you’ll see frequently—such as the kitchen, bedroom or living room. However, you can also place crystals for chakras in spaces that make sense for that chakra. For example, the sacral chakra relates to sexuality, so you might choose to keep that crystal in your bedroom. Another example: The root chakra relates to grounding, so you can place a root chakra crystal on your shoe mat.
Keep On You
Another option for crystals for chakras is to keep your favorite stone on you. When you leave the house, you can keep it in your:
A common way to use crystals for chakras is by wearing them. If there’s a specific charka you’re honing in on, get a jewelry piece of a corresponding crystal. Where possible, try to wear the crystal where the chakra is located. For example, celestite relates to the throat chakra and would make a great necklace. Or hematite is related to the root chakra and could be worn as an anklet.
Make Crystal DIYs
A fun way to use crystals for chakras is by making DIYs. This unleashes your creativity, which can help you connect with your chakras. Here’s some ideas:
- Décor. Make a DIY crystal décor piece of a certain color to honor a specific chakra. For example, a rose quartz crystal mobile can help support your heart chakra.
- Make your crystals into bookmarks that you can use. If you’re reading about chakras or spirituality, these would be a magical way to mark where you left off.
- If you don’t want to purchase chakra jewelry, make it yourself! Learn how to wire-wrap crystals to make a pendant and the options are endless!
Journal on Chakras
You can also use the crystals for chakras to help inspire your journaling practice. Hold a crystal that corresponds with the chakra you’re working with. Contemplate what the chakra represents. Is this chakra healthy? Does this chakra need more attention? How can you better support this chakra in daily life? Reflect and write your findings in a journal.
111 Crystals for Chakras
When you’re looking for crystal for chakras, there’s a few general things to keep in mind. Each chakra has a different set of corresponding crystals. And some crystals correspond to more than one chakra.
If you’re not sure which crystal corresponds to what chakra, here’s a good general rule to remember: Pay attention to the chakra’s color and match it with a crystal. For example, the heart chakra is pink and corresponds with pink stones, like rose quartz. The throat chakra is blue and corresponds with blue stones, like aquamarine.
With that being said, the color of a stone doesn’t need to match the color of the chakra. For example, many black stones are used for the red root chakra. If a stone isn’t listed for a particular chakra, it doesn’t mean you can’t use it. When using crystals for chakras, do what feels right and use your intuition.
Crystals for Root Chakra
Mainly red or black crystals
Location: Bottom of spine
Supports: Stability, security, safety, grounding
- Red jasper
- Red goldstone
- Fire agate
- Red tiger’s eye
- Apache Tear
- Black onyx
- Smoky quartz
- Black kyanite
- Dalmatian jasper
Ideas to use crystals for chakras—Root chakra:
- Place crystal on shoe mat or shoe rack
- Place crystal near door
- Place crystal in all 4 corners of your house, apartment or room
- Wear anklet or toe ring with root chakra crystal
- Meditate with crystal between your toes
- Make a root chakra grounding altar with root chakra crystals, red candles, earth/nature findings, etc.
- Make a root chakra crystal décor piece to place near your front door for safety
Crystals for Sacral Chakra
Mainly orange crystals
Location: Above public bone
Supports: Sexuality, creativity, passion
- Orange calcite
- Tiger’s eye
- Peach moonstone
- Tangerine quartz
- Orange jasper
- Orange moonstone
- Orange calcite
- Golden topaz
- Orange coral
Ideas to use crystals for chakras—Sacral chakra:
- Keep crystal next to your bed for sexual passion
- Keep crystal under your pillow for sexual passion
- Keep crystal in your workshop, craft room or desk for creativity
- Meditate with crystal above your pubic bone
- Make a “belly chain” with crystals
- Make a sexuality altar with crystals, orange candles, feminine statues and sensual essential oils
- Make a sacral chakra crystal mobile to hang above your bed
Crystals for Solar Plexus Chakra
Mainly yellow crystals
Location: Upper stomach area
Supports: Confidence and identity
- Tiger’s eye
- Fire opal
- Yellow aventurine
- Yellow calcite
- Lemon quartz
- Yellow apatite
- Yellow jasper
- Yellow tourmaline
- Rutilated quartz
Ideas to use crystals for chakras—Solar Plexus chakra:
- Place crystals near your mirror or vanity
- Place crystals where you have trouble with confidence, like on your office desk
- Hold crystal while repeating “I am” affirmations for confidence
- Hold crystal while journaling a list of 10 things you love about yourself
- Mediate with crystal on your upper stomach area
- Make a confidence solar plexus mobile to hang above your bedroom vanity
- Make a crystal bookmark with solar plexus crystals. Use it when reading books on self-help, slf-compassion and increasing your confidence.
- Create an altar for confidence with crystals for chakras, yellow candles and yellow-toned nature findings
Crystals for Heart Chakra
Mainly green and pink crystals
Location: Centre of heart area
Supports: Love, compassion, affection
- Rose quartz
- Moss agate
- Green jade
- Green opal
- Watermelon tourmaline
- Green tourmaline
- Pink opal
Ideas to use crystals for chakras—heart chakra:
- Place heart chakra crystals around your home to reinvigorate loves
- Hold crystal to draw in compassion while having an argument
- Carry crystal in your bra, next to your heart to encourage feelings of compassion
- Make a heart chakra crystal mobile and hang it in your living room to promote love
- Meditate with crystal in the center of your heart area
- Make an altar for love using crystals for chakras, heart symbols, pink candles and green-toned findings
- Hold crystal as you journal on this prompt: “What can I do to allow more love into my life?”
- Wear a low-hanging heart chakra crystal necklace that sits in your heart area
Crystals for Throat Chakra
Mainly blue crystals
Supports: Communication, truth, expression
- Blue lace agate
- Lapis Lazuli
- Blue kyanite
- Blue howlite
- Blue opal
- Blue calcite
- Blue chalcedony
- Blue topaz
- Blue quartz
Ideas to use crystals for chakras—Throat chakra:
- To encourage communication, hold a throat chakra crystal when having an argument, tough conversation or giving a speech
- Meditate with crystal on your throat area
- Place crystal in places where you have trouble “speaking up” (eg. Office, at home, etc.)
- Hold crystal and journal using this prompt: “How can I better express myself today?”
- Carry crystal in your pocket to help you communicate on important days
- Wear a throat chakra crystal as a necklace
- Make a mobile using throat chakra crystals and pace it in your home to encourage good family communication
- Create an altar for communication using crystals for chakras, blue candles and symbols representing expression
Crystals for Third Eye Chakra
Mainly purple or blue crystals
Location: Between eyebrows
Supports: Intuition and wisdom
- Purple fluorite
- Black obsidian
- Lapis Lazuli
- Blue lace agate
- Blue kyanite
- Blue aventurine
Ideas to use crystals for chakras—Third Eye chakra:
- Meditate with crystal on your third eye
- Hold crystal when you need to make a decision. Use it to hone in on your intuition about a situation.
- Carry crystal in your pocket or bra to promote all-day intuition
- Hold crystal and journal using prompt, “What can I do to further develop my intuition?”
- Create a Third Eye Intuition altar using crystals for chakras, indigo candles, intuition symbols and your favorite nature findings
- Create a spirituality mobile using third eye crystals. Hang it anywhere to encourage your intuition.
- Place crystals where you regularly practice spirituality or read spirituality books
Crystals for Crown Chakra
Mainly white or purple crystals
Location: Top of head
Supports: Spiritual connection and inner guidance
- Clear quartz
- Herkimer diamond
- White opal
- White agate
- Purple fluorite
- Rutilated quartz
Ideas to use crystals for chakras—Crown chakra:
- Meditate with crystal on your forehead or above your head
- Place crystal in the space you use to connect with your guides or meditate
- Hold crystal and use it to connect with your guides, asking “what do I need to know today?”
- Carry crystal in your pocket every day to encourage connection with your guides or angels
- Use crown chakra stones to create a mobile to encourage communication with your guides
- Create crystal bookmarks using crown chakra stones. Use them when you’re reading books on spirituality, spirit guides or angels.
- Make a crown chakra crystal into a hairpiece to keep near your crown chakra all day
- Make an altar for spirit communication using crystals for chakras, purple or white candles, and your favorite angel or tarot card.
- Hold crystal when you’re feeling weary and need reassurance from your spirit team
Summary: Crystals for Chakras
When it comes to crystals for chakras, there’s many to choose from. Each energy center has a list of corresponding stones that you can use to help strengthen and support your energetic body. You can work on one chakra at a time, or you can work to balance your entire chakra system. Look through the list of crystals for chakras above. Choose a few crystals you’re drawn to and check the suggestions for how to use your stones for a particular chakra.
Remember that although these are the most common crystals for chakras, there are no rules! Use your intuition and the stones you have on hand to match crystals to energy centers.